Tuesday, October 20, 2009

breathe and stop


"Breathe and Stop, for real and give it what you got
Give it what you got, give it what you got
If you on the block then give it what you got"
- q tip "breathe and stop"
truth be told, i'm still holding out.
i'm not sure what it is that makes me hold back...
it's that gasp that i take before i press the shutter,
that split second of hesitation.
i see it in my photos.
it's so annoying!

i pray for the confidence to give it ALL that i've got.

i felt that today's shoot was the closest i've gotten to the images that i have in my mind.
(in terms of personal artwork, of course)
somehow, i let go, and to me, my work seemed more true, more free.
there's a slight bit of hesitation,
but the colours i captured, the textures, the emotions, the depth..
moved me.

yes, i'm interested in a 'pretty' picture,
but there is so much more i want to convey.
there's a story, a longing, a fleeting feeling that i aim to capture.
to get under, to deconstruct.

i am enamored with this photo i took of liliana today.


needless to say, i'm feeling much more at ease with my photography.
(even if it's portraying an awkward moment/situation).

give it what you got,
give it what you got

No comments:

Post a Comment