Sunday, September 6, 2009

in. spired

kettle chips and a monster energy drink.
so unlike me, it's inspiring.

these are the last days of summer and maybe that's whats making me lazy?
i'm kind of annoyed right now at 'getting that right shot', or taking that perfect picture.
i just want to snap and roll and see what happens. all these concerts, festivals and events i've attended this summer made me realize that.

i mean, here i am, trying almost in vain to document this awesome experience. but i'm too busy trying to figure out the right lighting, setting, etc on my camera to enjoy what's going on.

i'm trying to enjoy and be in the moment.

right now i'm not into anything contrived.

really, i think i took only one photo this weekend that i liked. it's the photo below of my 13 year old cousin, whom i haven't seen she she was 10. during that time, there was this growth spurt, braces, and that junior high awkwardness we all go through. i struggled to keep the conversation going, because, truly i had no idea what to say to a 13 year old. she's like, awkward silence, then... "um, the computer and music is pretty much my life"


adolescence.
interesting, right?
she does the hair over the eyes thing, and the self concious hand over the mouth while giggling. i love this photo beacuse she was absorbed in text messaging and there was this feeling of uncomfortableness happening. i loved how i captured that. i also loved how indifferent she was to it all... after she heard the camera click she just let out a soft "oh".

*

anyway, other things inspiring to me right now:

color. someone pointed out that i wear black too often that bugged me. i've always been told that i'm good with colors, and that my strong point is color, so that comment hit a nerve. going over my wardrobe, i realized that i was in dinial and vowed to get my colors back.

kinda nice that i am reading this book at this time:


also, after doing a bit of cleaning and clearing, i found my old polariod camera! i'm sooo excited to use it again! i like how it allows for spontanuity, mistakes and imperfections.


easing up on the photography and allowing myself to have fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment