Monday, March 15, 2010

admit it monday


today i want to admit that although i dream about having long locks of hair
that i could tease at the top and curl under,
looking all feminine and flow-y...

i miss short hair terribly!

it was during a particularly stressful time in my life
(read: college graduation portfolio show)
that i came home one day, grabbed a pair of scissors, and locked the bathroom door.
30 minutes later, i had chopped of all but an inch and a half of my hair.

it was completely liberating.

of course, looking down at all the hair now on the floor at my feet,
i freaked.
during the process of cutting-at-random,
i had imagined a pixie worthy of audrey.

not so.
it was lopy, choppy.


i didn't have a face for it, but still, i loved it so.

that is, till i felt like a total boy when i went out without make-up.
and sure, i compensated by wearing a ton of make up and glitter.
but at my best, with this cut, i felt my bravest.

but right now, i'm attempting for my hair to grow.
it does absolutely nothing for me after it reaches a certain length,
but it ups the anticipation for when i can get it cut short again
(i usually do this on my birthday month)

i can't wait for that satisfaction of the shears skimming through my hair
the length of it like sheets, dropping to the floor.

hopefully, i'll have a 'face' for it then?
less pudgy-er sides to highlight my high cheekbones...
i dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment